How can we help you?
With global purchasing habits already significantly affected by COVID, a new supply chain crisis emerges — one that is mixed with commodity price increases, rising energy costs, and resulting inflationary challenges.
Altered pack size
While we don’t yet know the impact of this fresh set of challenges on purchasing habits, BASES can help you to react and balance short-term realities while continuing to focus on the long term:
BASES solutions for supply chain issues and inflationary pressures
Make your communications investment work even harder
Smart marketers use times of disruption to build their brands
While fear of advertising to empty shelves and/or preservation of budget during inflationary times may make some competitors choose to “go dark”, those that use the opportunity for brand-building can create awareness, loyalty and steal share from conservative rivals.
Your communications investment needs to deliver now more than ever
- Preserve great ideas and production investment via surgical improvements to copy
- Create competitive advantage—great creative is a media investment multiplier
- 200%+ copy quality’s leverage on your media weight
- ~50% of ad ROI is driven by copy quality
- Ensure your ad is activating your brand and your intended messages
You need sensitive, validated ad testing with best in class consulting
- BASES Ad Optimizer: Validated, EEG (Neuro)-powered pre-market advertising qualification and optimization
- Pricing Analytics
Identify your innovation’s pricing ‘sweet spot’ amid cost inflation
Leverage best in class pricing analytics and Studio integration for faster results
- How high can you price your innovation without overly compromising sales?
- If your costs increase and you need to increase prices, what will that do to your package sales? To your dollar sales?
- Does your pricing meet shopper expectations?
- Does your pricing meet your target’s expectations? (Available add-on)
What it does
- Identifies the price at which sales are maximized by evaluating the volumetric opportunity across a broad range of price points.
- Provides the percentage of consumers who mentioned average-value price above various thresholds. This provides a general sense of whether the intended price is within the range of common expectations.
How soon can you get it?
- Studio capabilities deliver results in as little as 11 days for eligible projects.
Asking whether cost-based product reformulation still delivers against consumer expectations? Consider BASES Product Practice solutions. If you’re trying to understand pricing for your entire portfolio/brand, BASES can help with our other Line & Price solutions.
- Package Design
Ensure your packaging is competitive as the point of sale is disrupted
Is your packaging able to break through and convey its point of difference during a time of disruption/inflation at the point of sale?
BASES Design Audit
Understand current pack performance
- Strengths and weaknesses of current packaging
- Shelf breakthrough
- Performance vs. incoming equity
- Performance vs. competition
- Learnings from competitors’ packs/changes in the market
BASES Pack Survey+
Understand new pack performance
- New pack’s ability to work across the full shopper journey
- Shelf breakthrough
- Purchase motivation vs. competition
- Communication of point of difference vs. competition
NielsenIQ BASES utilizes in-context, behavioral research to evaluate your pack design’s ability to be successful at the point of purchase.
- Strengths and weaknesses of current packaging
- Brand Renovation
Adapt your brand to new challenges with confidence
Supply chain issues may have you considering updates to your brand and messaging
With BASES explore:
- New claims and how they fit with your brand
- The impact of changes to product promises
BASES has 40 years of experience with Restages
- Unmatched experience – More than 42,000 restage concepts/products studied globally; 18,000+ in last 5 years
- Accuracy – Within 6% of estimated sales on average; model calibrated to your initiative based on past 2 years of sales
- End-to-end solutions – Full BASES toolkit available for restages
- Consultancy - Case studies highlighting successful restage cases and best practices around concept development
With BASES Restage Solutions, you will get:
- Financial Assessment – Understand the financial impact of relaunching and whether this will help or harm your sales
- Brand Perceptions – Learn how your brand will be perceived after you make changes
- Strategic Outlook – Uncover how different consumer segments adopt new brand strategy
- Tactical Marketing
Quick Question & Quick Screen
Adjust your marketing tactics to address consumers’ supply chain concerns
Consumers are hearing more and more about how supply and shipping issues are impacting the upcoming holidays. What does this mean for your company, and how can you respond fast?
- Can you pivot your social media engagement to meet consumers’ thoughts and concerns?
- If there’s a shopping trend where you’re not stocked up, can you move consumers the other way?
- Can you implement a fast promotion?
Let BASES help you understand consumers’ concerns and compensating behavior plus prioritize what to do next. Both solutions are highly economical and fast, with results in as little as 48 hours.
- How are consumers shifting their holiday shopping to account for supply chain issues?
- Are consumers changing their holiday entertaining plans?
- Are more consumers going to shop online if they’re hearing store shelves are bare?
- Will they just give cash or gift cards if they’re worried their shipped items won’t arrive on time?
- Prioritize your social media campaigns to alleviate consumer concerns.
- Pick the best promotion strategy to keep your buyers engaged.
- Adjust claims to meet consumers where their concerns lie.
- Price & Portfolio
Line & Price Optimizer
Win on pricing and portfolio strategy amid cost inflation
Not a conjoint or choice research, but a simulated test market solution
- Uses diverse data sources and complex analytics
- Can explore future price, promotion and product architecture
- How do I de-average price increases?
- Can I optimize my brand/portfolio price pack architecture?
- How will competitive pricing and promotion activity impact my portfolio and what is the optimal response?
- Will downsizing help to mitigate cost increases?
- Can my innovation sustain its super-premium pricing?
You need the right analytics to win
- Unlike other econometric modeling, BASES Line & Price Optimizer can simulate disruptive price and architecture changes and innovative strategies
And does cost-based product re-formulation still deliver against consumer expectations? Consider BASES Product Practice solutions.
- Product Optimization
Assess the impact of cost-driven reformulations to protect what matters most to your consumers
- Can a cost-driven reformulation be implemented without compromising acceptability?
- Are there multiple reformulation options should I face supply chain constraints?
- Which of my development samples has the potential to succeed with consumers?
- How are my product formulations performing vs competitor(s)?
- How do I optimize my product acceptability?
- Is there a threat from my competitor’s new product formulation?
BASES Product Optimization Suite
- Formulation Screening – Testing new formulations, with or without benchmarks
- Cost Improvement – Testing cost/ingredient constrained formulations with consumers
- Sensory Optimization – Using Sensory data to identify formulation opportunities for new and existing products
- Superiority Testing – Identifying in-market performance between your product and that of a competitor
- Benchmarking – Measure the performance of your new formulation against your existing
- Product + Pack Fit – Examining the performance of the pack and the product together