CHICAGO, IL – February 6, 2024 – NIQ BASES, a trailblazer in guiding companies toward brand excellence through innovation, is thrilled to unveil the outstanding winners of the 2023 North America Menu Innovation Awards. Following a meticulous evaluation of a diverse array of new menu items, these awards recognize the exceptional creativity of the latest offerings in the food industry. The 2023 winners showcase a commitment to engaging consumers with innovative and enticing menu options, responding to the evolving demands of a discerning audience.
“Culinary innovation is an ever-evolving journey, and these award-winning creations not only tantalize the taste buds but also mirror the spirit of resilience and adaptability in the face of change.” said Ryan Pearson, Director NIQ BASES Customer Success. “In each dish, we find the artistry of chefs and the pulse of consumer preferences, reminding us that excellence in food is a continuous exploration.”
The 2023 North America Menu Innovation Award Winners:
Applebee’s Bourbon Street Mushroom Swiss Burger
- Arby’s Wagyu Steakhouse Burger
- Cheesecake Factory’s Basque Cheesecake
- Dairy Queen’s Cinnamon Roll Centers Blizzard
- Denny’s Brisket-It-All Melt
- Einstein Bros. Bagel All-Nighter Breakfast Box
- Freddy’s French Onion Steakburger
- IHOP’s Thick N’ Fluffy French Toast
- Krispy Kreme’s ChurrDough Collection
- Little Caesar’s Batman Calzone
- McDonald’s Smoky BLT Quarter Pounder
- Pizza Hut’s Oven-Baked Pasta
- Papa John’s Epic Pepperoni-Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Popeyes Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich
- Firehouse Subs Prime Rib Steak Sub
- Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Shrimp
- Red Robin’s Pineapple Upside-down Cake Milkshake
- TGI Friday’s FRIjitas
- Jimmy John’s Thai Chicken Wrap
- Wendy’s Strawberry Frosty
These extraordinary menu items reflect the dedication of the food industry to continually push boundaries and delight consumers with innovative culinary experiences.
“The 2023 Menu Innovation Award winners exemplify the resilience and adaptability of the food industry,” continued Pearson. “In our ongoing effort to celebrate and learn from outstanding brands, we are delighted to showcase the impactful achievements of these leaders.”
For more information on replicating these successes on your menu, visit innovation.NIQ.com/BASES-Restaurant. To gain insights from the winners in North America or other regions, sign up for the webinar at NIQ.com/global/en/landing-page/bases-menu-innovation-awards/.
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full ViewTM.
NIQ is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Gillian Mosher, Vice President Communications