Is plant-based growth sustainable?
The plant-based market is worth $9.7 billion. Brands like Oatly, Kashi, Beyond Meat, and Just Egg are all examples of brands that inspire consumers to do a bit better when they adhere to plant-based diets.
Plant-based is trending across the store—you can find it in dairy, meat, snacks, frozen foods, baby, period care, pet, OTC, and even household. Yet, there is no singular definition for what plant-based products constitute. Given its exponential rise, is growth in plant-based products sustainable?
In NielsenIQ’s “Pulse on Plant-Based Foods,” we examine:
- What shoppers are looking for when shopping for plant-based
- How they define plant-based
- The inherent link between plant-based and sustainability
- Why they choose plant-based alternatives
- Incoming headwinds affecting plant-based sales