Workshop details and fees
Who can attend?
Participants should have basic knowledge of the Category Management Process.
Retailers: Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandising Heads, Shopper Marketing, Space and Range Planners and their teams.
Manufacturers/Suppliers/ Distributors: Marketing Managers, Brand Managers, Customer/Trade Marketing Managers, Key Accounts Managers, Category Managers and their teams.
Comprehensive course materials, case studies and individual certificates.
800€ + VAT, 2nd Participant from the same company -10%. Group and combo discounts apply.
10% discount for early bird (valid until 17th of Sep) Individual and group discounts apply.
For more information and registrations, please contact:
- Aidas Demenius
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- +370 681 63034, Lithuania
DAY 1: 09:00 – 12:00 & 14:00 – 17:00
- Introduction – Why Shopper-Centric
- Opportunities arising from improved shopper understanding
- Category Management recap
- Key principles of Category Management
- How do retailers/manufacturers collaborate
- Path to Purchase
- Shopper segmentation
- Shopper missions
- Channel/Store choice
- Store Clustering and implications for tactics
- Defining and structuring a category
- How to go beyond quantitative category decision trees
- Defining strategic opportunities and KPIs
- What shopper perception and behaviour should we be influencing
- Which performance criteria to use
- How to generate deep motivational insights about shoppers
DAY 2: 09:00 – 12:00 & 14:00 – 17:00
- Day 1 Review
- Product Range
- Product assortment, placement
- Merchandizing, pricing and promotions
- Which merchandising and in-store theatre principles to apply to help but also influence shoppers at the point of purchase
- How to determine SKU pricing given shopper price awareness and sensitivity
- When to promote
- Which segments to promote
- Which mechanics to choose to achieve the desired behavior change
- Shopper sub-conscious behavior
- How to influence shoppers at the point of purchase without them even noticing
Jana Volovika – Category Management Consulting Leader for East Europe
Jana has more than 10 years of experience in Retail, with expertise starting in store operations, category management to private label development and brand management.
She is specialized in strategy development and execution; shopper and customer insights as well as sustainability and corporate responsibility topics within current retail setup are among her particular interests.
Jana delivers a series of training workshops with an integrated perspective that combines manufacturing, retailing and use of Big Data. She leads Nielsen Category Management Consulting for the EE region.