NielsenIQ Beauty Trailblazer Program
Creating Equity in Access to Data for Minority-Owned Beauty Brands
Application Deadline Extended to March 17!
Ready to Become a Trailblazer?
NIQ’s Beauty Trailblazer program was built around the idea of creating equity in access to Big Data sets for minority-owned brands. The 3-month program for minority-owned businesses in the CPG industry will bring emerging brand leaders together to help them grow connections and integrate data into their business planning to craft a strong growth path in 2023 and beyond.
NIQ Trailblazer finalists should expect to:
- Supercharge Their Business Plans – Finalists can take their business planning to the next level more quickly, thanks to complimentary access to the most comprehensive data on the market, direct support from data professionals, and mentorship from industry leaders.
- Build Brand Awareness – Finalists can build awareness of their brands through connections to retailers, inclusion in NielsenIQ marketing and PR materials, presence at the NielsenIQ Consumer 360® event, and more.
- Make Valuable Connections – Finalists can grow their professional networks by connecting with fellow brand leaders, industry experts, and retailer insiders as they build their brands and work through the program together.
NIQ Trailblazer Partners and Mentors
The NIQ Beauty trailblazer program wouldn’t be possible without the support of our sponsors and mentors. Our industry partners and mentors are committed to helping create a more equitable environment for minority-owned beauty brands and are excited to help build a powerful new program.
Meet Our Experts
The NielsenIQ Beauty Trailblazer Program has been designed by these NIQ experts and finalists will get their valuable support and insights as they continue to grow!
VP at NielsenIQ
Tara James Taylor
SVP at NielsenIQ
VP at NielsenIQ
Global Head at NielsenIQ
“Historically, data access has not been equitable, so getting a Full View of the market has been the privilege of a few. It’s time to make it the power of many.”Kymberly Graham, Vice President, NielsenIQ
To be considered as a finalist in the inaugural NIQ Beauty Trailblazer program, brands must be minority-owned and they must currently generate less than $20M in annual sales. Minority eligibility is established by document submission.
Minority Owner (M/O) Brands qualification criteria:
- US Citizen, for profit enterprise located in the US
- 51% minority-owned, managed, or controlled; for public companies, 51% of the stock must be owned by one or more minority groups members
- A minority groups member is an individual who is at least 25% Asian-India, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, or Native America
- Majority ownership by female, LGBTQIA+, or veteran status are eligible to apply as well
- Management and daily operations must be exercised by the minority-ownership member(s)