Get your pitching arms ready for the World Series of pitch competitions
Applications are open from March 6 – April 2, 2023
What Is the NIQ Founders Pitch Slam?
The first-ever NIQ Founders Pitch Slam will bring together some of the most innovative and transformative emerging CPG brands, challenging an elite set of founders to pitch their companies to industry insiders and business leaders as they vie for a first-place award of more than $500k including a $50,000 cash prize and in-kind prizes. This competition represents our latest effort in our commitment to helping grow emerging brands and fostering connections.
This unique competition will give brands access to NIQ data experts to help tell their story through the lens of best-in-class data and analytics. They’ll make valuable connections and networking opportunities, and the finalists will enjoy an all-expenses paid trip to Los Angeles to present their pitch to a live audience of industry experts at NIQ’s C360 conference.
Founders Pitch Slam Prize Package:
The First place winner will receive over $500k in prizes including*:
- $50,000 cash prize
- NIQ in-kind services, which may include:
- Access to Byzzer
- Access to Omnisales and Omni Shopper data
- Access to Advanced Analytics
- Access to BASES Innovation Package
- NIQ Consulting hours
- Brandjectory “Thrust” Plan
4 Runners up will receive a 1-year subscription to Byzzer* and the Brandjectory “Lift Off” plan
* All prizes must be used within 1 calendar year of the conclusion of the competition. Subscriptions will be activated in June 2023.
How It Works
The NIQ Founders Pitch Slam consists of three stages where applicants will pitch to a series of judges until only five finalists remain. Contestants will be evaluated based on: Brand story/mission, product innovation, financial/growth potential, and alignment to consumer needs and trends.
Brands that meet the entry requirements will be reviewed by a panel of NIQ judges who will select the top 20 semi-finalists to participate in the Virtual Pitch portion of the NIQ Founders Pitch Slam. Only the most innovative brands will move on.
20 Semifinalists will be invited to an exclusive webinar on how to create the perfect pitch and will be assigned a data expert to help them develop their story using Byzzer data. The brands will then participate in a Virtual Pitch in front of a judging panel – 3-5 minute pitch with 2 minutes Q&A per brand and 5 Finalists will be selected.
5 Finalists will be flown out to Los Angeles for NIQ’s C360 Conference to participate in the live pitch portion of the NIQ Founders Pitch Slam event in front of industry experts and brand leaders. The winner will be awarded the grand prize, 4 runners up will receive NIQ in-kind prizes.
The NIQ Founders Pitch Slam was built around helping the most innovative emerging brands supercharge their growth with the power of NIQ data and insights. The pitch slam winner and top finalists will be the most innovative brands on the market with the most significant potential for growth based on NIQ data, on-trend for consumers.
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Have an annual revenue between $1-20 million in US $ sales validated by NIQ OmniSales or other NIQ databases across one or more one of these qualifying departments – Alcohol, Baby Care, Bakery, Bulk Bin, Dairy, Deli, Floral, Frozen, Gen Merch, Grocery, Beauty, Household, Meat, Pet, Produce, Seafood & Nutritional Supplements
- Products must currently be available for U.S. sale
- You must be available to participate in the Virtual Pitch semi-finals on Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- You must be available to attend the C360 conference in Los Angeles for the Live Pitch session on June 6-8th as well as the rehearsal on June 5th
- Participate in event marketing/promotion